How do I get rid of neck and back pain?
For minor, common causes of neck pain, try these simple remedies:
1. Apply heat or ice to the painful area.
2. Take over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
3. Keep moving, but avoid jerking or painful activities.
4. Do slow range-of-motion exercises, up and down, side to side, and from ear to ear.
5. Get a massage.
6. Perform gentle stretching exercises- don’t forget the muscles in the front of the neck which get tight with everyday life- texting, working on the computer, reading, etc.